6th LITERARY CONTEST LA LABORAL ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
We are pleased to announce the sixth literary contest in English organized by IES La Laboral.
Our aim is to stimulate our students’ interest both in reading and writing.
- Category A – students in 3rd and 4th year ESO.
- Category B – students in 1st and 2nd year Bachillerato and Vocational Studies (CCFF).
You will find the rules and the options in the IES La Laboral web site, English department, 6thLiterary Contest. Choose one option. Write a story based on what the images suggest.
Stories must be typed in English on one side of a maximum of five double-spacedSheets.
Stories must be handed in to the English teachers of IES La Laboral by Monday 17th March 2014.
- Each entrant can only submit a single unpublished story.
- Use two envelopes: a big and a smaller one.
- Write the category (A or B), the option you chose (from 1 to 6) and your pen name on the outside of both envelopes.
- Put the story in the big envelope.
- Put your full name, ID photocopy, and telephone number inside the smaller envelope.
- Put the small envelope in the big one together with your story. Remember: write the category (A or B), the option you chose (from 1 to 6) and your pen name on the outside of both envelopes.
Two prizes can be awarded for each category:
Category A: 1st prize: 100€ Category B: 1st prize: 100€
2nd prize: 60€ 2nd prize: 60€
The teachers in the English Department of IES La Laboral will make up the jury who will select the winners.
Prizes will be handed out during an award winning ceremony which will take place in the IES La Laboral on Sunday 6th April 2014.
Taking part in the contest entails the acceptance of its rules.